Monday, March 21, 2011

Bike Fit Experience at Elite Bicycles

I had the pleasure of being fit by David Greenfeild owner ELITE bicycles today and it was the best bike fit experience I have ever had.  I have had my fair share of hip and knee injuries and David’s approach is unlike know other. Having a background in exercise physiology and biomechanics I was very impressed with his knowledge of biomechanical and muscoskeletal concepts and how they pertain to bike fit.  I honestly have been to bike fitters throughout the East coast, and his approach was hands down the most detailed and quantitative.  I personally feel the only way you can get more quantitative is being assessed in a wind tunnel facility.  David incorporates his knowledge of biomechanics, power based training, and physical therapy to enhance the cyclists fit and performance. 

Just as take my athletes individual physiological needs into account when coaching, David does the same his clients biomechanics and as they pertain to the bike. As David says "everyone is like a snowflake".  No one size fits all approaches here! 

Train Smart!

Coach Jason
www.etacoach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment