Sunday, January 9, 2011

Training to Train?!

That is my new philosophy right now, training to train.  Every several attempts of failed comebacks, I'm now training to train.  What does that mean?  Well I hope to race at the end of the summer, and looks like this year I will be down the shore 3-4 days a week.  What better thing do do down the shore 3-4 days a week than train!  But following my own advice I have to really build a huge foundation.  I just developed a Strength Training plan for myself and will start implementing it asap.  I will continue to throw in 3 x a week of swimming, 3 x a week of cycling, and 3 x a week of hiking.  Yes I said hiking, i refuse to call it walking :).  The swims will be with a group I formed at Riverwinds Community Center.  There is about 8-12 of us meeting at 6am every morning.  The bikes will be on the trainer for right now and only 20-30min.  The hikes will include 30-1:30 in length and incorporate some sort of hike/run interval. 

So I'm training so i can train this summer!

Coach Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment