Wednesday, December 15, 2010

For the Love of the Sport – Running

Injury has plagued my running career since the very beginning.  As stated in previous posts, its time for a change.  Despite years of trying and trying again, I never took a step back and took things slowly.  Before I pursue my running again, I need to stop beating a dead horse and take things slowly, even if it results in never running again.
Running is something I love to do. When I’m not training, due to injury, I tend not to be the happiest person. Many runners put pressure on themselves to achieve optimal fitness quickly.  Sometimes it’s this pressure that could lead to injury, and push the athlete further away from achieving their goals.
I’m done pressuring myself to achieve optimal fitness quickly, and taking it slowly one day at a time.  If you love something and it’s a huge part of your life then you have to do everything you can to hold on to it.  In my case it means taking the complete opposite approach that I have done in the past.  This time around applying less pressure will result in making better decisions with my training.  It also means doing the exact opposite of what I have done recently, and taking a step back.   Who knows, I may fail and continue to get injured.  In this case I may have to pursue another sport, I hear cage fighting is popular these days!  But even If I have to walk away I can walk away knowing I did everything I could to pursue my love of running with no regrets! 
Happy Training
Coach Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment